DigiTech Media Privacy Statement
Protecting your privacy is important to DigiTech Media. This Privacy Statement explains our global practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data, through the use of all of our websites, products and services (“applications”).
Some of our applications or services or our websites may display supplemental privacy notices that we share so you can make informed choices at the time you review the notices.
What Information Does DigiTech Media Collect About You?
Information you provide us:
We collect information that identifies you, including your name, surname, and contact information, such as your address, email address and telephone number, when you:
· Create an account
· Register a product or service
· Sign up for one of our events
· Fill up a form for a survey
· Contact us
We collect additional information to inform your specific use of our applications. This includes your language preferences, the date of your birth, the name of your employer and your job title.
After you have created an account or registered for an application, we collect additional information, which may include:
· Your subscription plans and payment information
· Details about the applications that you purchased or have expressed interest in
· Training and certification details
· Event attendance details
· Your communication preferences
· Records of our interaction with you, where appropriate, such as service records, correspondence, details of complaints and their resolution
· Content you submitted to us, such as comments you posted in our forums
Information we obtain from your use of our applications:
We collect information about the applications that you use and how you use them. We use this information to support our legitimate interest in improving your experience, and building better online, mobile, and desktop applications.
This information includes:
System Information and Usage Data
· We collect device-specific information, like unique device identifiers which includes everything under it’s range, operating system, and the type of device you use.
· We collect information about how you use our applications. This includes your product ID, license information, which applications you use and for how long, your city and country from your IP address, and information about your browser.
Social Networking Data
· We have pages on social networking platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter, Youtube or other sites where you can visit and communicate with us.
· Our applications also include buttons, tools, or content that links to another company’s services. We collect information about your use of these features through DigiTech Media Analytics tools and third-party analytics tools.
· If you use Digitech Media application that contains plugins, information can be transferred directly from your device to the social networking provider. We have no influence on the data collected by the plugin. If you are logged in to the social network, a link can be established between your user account there and the use of our application.
· If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking on “Like”, “Follow” or “Share”, or by writing a comment, this information may automatically appear in your profile on the social network. Even if you are not logged in, the plugins may send your IP address to social network providers. Please note this when using our applications.
· When you connect to a social networking service on a device that is also used by others, these other users are able to see information that is stored or displayed in connection with your profile on the social networking service page.
We collect and track data on technical errors that may occur when you use our applications, if you choose to send the relevant report to us in each case. Before the report is sent to us, you will be told what information will be collected and how it will be sent to us.
We collect information that may identify you to your system administrator in connection with the automatic update process, to help your administrator determine what updates you need. This information includes your user login name, and your computer’s name or description.
Cookies and similar technologies
· DigiTech Media cookies (small text files stored by your web browser when you use websites) and related technologies, such as pixels and beacons (“Cookies”) to collect and store information when you visit our websites and use our applications.
· We also use DigiTech Media Analytics programs and third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how you use our website and applications.
We associate any data we collect as set forth above with your personal account.
Information we collect from other parties:
To help keep our databases current, and to provide you with more relevant content, experiences and offerings, we combine your personal data, as described above, with information from public sources and other companies (such as our channel partners [resellers], business contact databases, and enrichment service providers), in accordance with applicable law.
These sources can tell us about the company size and industry of our business customers and also help us maintain the accuracy of our databases.
How Does DigiTech Media Use The Information It Collects About You?
We use your personal data mindfully, and in useful ways, including:
· To validate your identity, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
· To deliver you services, products, support, or information you have requested about your application, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
· To send you important information within the scope of our contract with you
· To send you other information you requested, like when someone has “liked” one of your posts, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
· To send you other special offers, promotions, newsletters, surveys, or other information that you have consented to receive, as long as you want them
· To support our legitimate interest in gaining a better understanding of our applications, so we can improve them and your experience
· To correct problems in our applications, as necessary to perform the contract we have with you
· To support our legitimate interest in making our ads more relevant to your interests
· To support our legitimate interest in using automated systems to analyse your data using machine learning and advanced analytics to improve our applications
· To pursue our legitimate interest in preventing and reducing fraud and software piracy
Unless otherwise indicated, there is no statutory or contractual requirement for you to provide this data. If you do not provide this data, we might not be able to provide our services to you.
How Does DigiTech Media Disclose Your Personal Data?
To provide you the best services we can, we work with other service providers. These companies are located all over the world, and we require them to protect your privacy. They are not authorized by us to use your personal data for their own purposes. Our service providers include companies we use for:
· Software Maintenance & Support
· Social Media
· Market Research
· License Compliance
We may disclose your data in the following circumstances:
· When we have your consent to do so
· To our service providers for the purposes indicated in this Privacy Statement. We do not disclose your personal data to them for their own purposes.
· When we are required to do so by law, such as to respond to a subpoena or a court order
· When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud or software piracy, defend ourselves against attacks, or protect the rights, property, and safety of DigiTech Media, our customers, and the public
· If we merge with another company, or if we sell or reorganize part of, or all of our business, assets, or stock (including, if we file for bankruptcy). If this happens, your data will likely be transferred to the other company.
· When the data can no longer identify you. This can happen through aggregation, where your data is combined with other data to become a statistic.
How Does DigiTech Media Protect Your Data?
We use a combination of reasonable physical, administrative, and technological controls to protect your data from unauthorized access or malicious actions. For more information about our security practices, you can always contact us.
We limit the access employees, contractors, and agents of DigiTech Media have to your personal data to those who need to know this data to perform their assigned functions and develop or improve our products and services.
How Do You Access, Update, Download, And Delete Your Personal Data?
We have processes in place to maintain accurate, complete and up to date data. You have the right to access, update, delete, receive a copy of, or restrict our use of your personal data. When we process personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time.
To perform these actions, log-in to your account to manage your personal data and content using our applications and services. You can also delete your personal data and close your account. We may retain certain data about you for legal and internal business purposes, such as fraud prevention, in accordance with applicable laws.
To request a copy of the personal data in your account, please contact us using the contact form. When you contact us to assist you, we will ask you to validate your identity before fulfilling your request. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com .
What Are DigiTech Media’s Storage And Data Retention Practices?
We store your personal data and content on our servers, and the servers of our service providers. Because we and our service providers maintain servers in global locations, your personal data may be transferred across national borders and stored outside of the India.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the applications you are using, and as needed to comply with our legal obligations.
Does DigiTech Media Transfer Your Personal Data Across National Borders?
Because we are a global company, we transfer your personal data across national borders to other countries, in compliance with the laws that apply to that data.
When your data is transferred from one of our entities in the European Economic Area (EEA) to the United States, or another country outside of the EEA, we rely on one or more of the following legal mechanisms which provide appropriate safeguards for the transfers: the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, and Standard Contractual Clauses.
What Are DigiTech Media’s Marketing And Advertising Practices?
Our websites and applications may feature ads for other companies’ products and services, as well as ads for our own applications.
Our Ad Partners deliver ads for us and may combine the information collected or obtained from us with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online or mobile products and services relating to your browser’s activities across their network of websites.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. DigiTech Media currently does not take action in response to these signals.
Is The Personal Data You Give Us Ever Displayed Publicly?
As always, we urge you to be mindful when deciding to disclose personal data, including on our applications and websites. There are various places within our applications and services that allow you to post content, including comments and “likes.”
In some cases, you can limit who can view or access the information and content you post. In other cases, the information and content might be available to registered members of the application or website, or even to the general public. Your name, user name, profile image, or email address (particularly if this is your user name) may be posted along with any message or other content you post through some of our applications and websites.
If you are posting information you do not want to be disclosed publicly, make sure you are using a website or application that allows you to control who sees information you have posted.
Will This Privacy Statement Change?
If and when the way we treat your personal data changes, we will make sure to let you know by updating this Privacy Statement. When we change it, we will make it clear at the top of our Privacy Statement, and we will tell you when we last updated it. If we have your email address, we will also send you a notice by email regarding the update.
How To Contact Us?
If you want to contact us, please use the following contact information. When you do so, please tell us the name of the website or application about which you are contacting us:
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org